About the Scholarship
The “Women on Par” Scholarship Program, provided by the LPGA Foundation, was established in 2007 by the EWGA Foundation (now the LPGA Amateur Golf Association™) to provide financial assistance to “non-traditional” female students. These scholarships are intended for women, aged 30 and older, who are attending a college or university for the first time or returning to school after an absence to complete their technical/vocational, Associate, or Bachelor’s degree. The scholarships are designed to help these women get “on par,” or get an equal footing, with their peers, friends, and other women who have had a chance to complete their college education.
Since its inception, the scholarship program has helped over 25 women realize their dreams of obtaining their degree. In 2020, two (2) scholarships will be awarded: One (1) $2,000 Women on Par scholarship and one (1) $1,000 Women on Par scholarship.
The 2020 Women on Par Scholarship application period opened on Wednesday, January 15 and will remain open until 200 applications are received or April 30 of the application year – whichever occurs first.
In 2019, the LPGA unveiled its new brand positioning and tag line – Drive On. Drive On builds on the LPGA’s history and heritage and is designed to show its commitment to diversity, inclusion, individuality and authenticity. It is about the power and potential in each individual and celebrates the hard work, focus, and tenacity that it takes to achieve our goals. As you submit your application for this scholarship, consider sharing how you overcame obstacles in life and achieved your goals. We look forward to reading inspiring stories by our Women on Par – Drive On applicants!
Applicants and Recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be female
- Be at least 30 years of age as of January 1, 2020
- Be a U.S. or Canadian citizen, or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada
- Pursuing a Technical/Vocational, Associates or Bachelor’s degree. Candidates must be first time applicants to school or must be returning to school after an absence to complete a degree. If you have already obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree, you are not eligible to apply for this
- Currently enrolled, or accepted to an accredited school, college or university by April 15, 2020
- Exhibit a need for financial assistance
- Is not a past winner of the Women on Par scholarship
To Start the Application Process Now:
- Visit the LPGA Foundation Scholarship website at https://lpga.fluidreview.com/
- Under Need an Account press Sign Up. When signing up for an account choose the Category Women on Par.
- After signing up the system will send a verification email from email@example.com. Once you confirm via this address, it will ask for the Category again, please select Women on Par.
2018 Women On Par Scholarship Recipients
In 2018, the Women on Par Scholarship Program received a record high 275 applications. The Scholarship Selection Committee was very impressed with the variety of highly qualified women that applied. Their stories, achievements, and dreams were truly inspirational and touching. Due to the number of qualified applicants, the Selection Committee decided to award three (3) Scholarships instead of the traditional two that had been rewarded in previous years.
Congratulation to the following 2018 Women On Par recipients:
CaMeisha Brown received a $2,000 WOP Scholarship
CaMeisha is from Bessemer, AL and is attending Birmingham Southern College
Jessica Alves received a $1,000 WOP Scholarship
Jessica is from Bristol, RI and is attending the University of Rhode Island
Lori Baab received a $1,000 WOP Scholarship
Lori is from Lyndhurst, OH and is attending Ohio State University