Congratulations to the 2020 Women on Par recipients
- Alisha Perkins received a $2,000 WOP Scholarship
Alisha is from Lafayette, IN and is attending Saint Elizabeth School of Nursing
- Rebecca Broderick received a $1,000 WOP Scholarship
Rebecca is from Phoenix, AZ and is attending the Arizona State University Click here to read more about the 2020 Women on Par recipients.
2020 Women on Par recipient
2020 Women on Par recipient
2020 Women on Par Scholarship Recipients
In 2020, the Women on Par Scholarship Program received a record high 1,639 applications started, we attribute this to the new online application process. From those who completed and met all the requirements of the application process we narrowed the applications down to 44. The Scholarship Selection Committee was impressed with the variety of highly qualified women that applied. Each of the applicants stories, achievements, and dreams were truly inspirational and touching. We are pleased to announce the recipients of the the 2020 Women on Par Scholarship.
About the Scholarship
The “Women on Par” Scholarship Program, provided by the LPGA Foundation, was established in 2007 by the EWGA Foundation (now the LPGA Amateur Golf Association™) to provide financial assistance to “non-traditional” female students. These scholarships are intended for women, aged 30 and older, who are attending a college or university for the first time or returning to school after an absence to complete their technical/vocational, Associate, or Bachelor’s degree. The scholarships are designed to help these women get “on par,” or get an equal footing, with their peers, friends, and other women who have had a chance to complete their college education.
Since its inception, the scholarship program has helped over 25 women realize their dreams of obtaining their degree. In 2020, two (2) scholarships will be awarded: One (1) $2,000 Women on Par scholarship and one (1) $1,000 Women on Par scholarship.
In 2019, the LPGA unveiled its new brand positioning and tag line – Drive On. Drive On builds on the LPGA’s history and heritage and is designed to show its commitment to diversity, inclusion, individuality and authenticity. It is about the power and potential in each individual and celebrates the hard work, focus, and tenacity that it takes to achieve our goals. As you submit your application for this scholarship, consider sharing how you overcame obstacles in life and achieved your goals. We look forward to reading inspiring stories by our Women on Par – Drive On applicants!
The application process for 2021 will begin mid-January, 2021.
Applicants and recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be female
- Be at least 30 years of age as of January 1, 2021
- Be a U.S. or Canadian citizen, or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada
- Pursuing a Technical/Vocational, Associates or Bachelor’s degree. Candidates must be first time applicants to school or must be returning to school after an absence to complete a degree. If you have already obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree, you are not eligible to apply for this
- Currently enrolled, or accepted to an accredited school, college or university by April 15, 2021
- Exhibit a need for financial assistance
- Is not a past winner of the Women on Par scholarship
2018 Women On Par recipients
- CaMeisha Brown received a $2,000 WOP Scholarship
CaMeisha is from Bessemer, AL and graduated from Birmingham-Southern College
- Jessica Alves received a $1,000 WOP Scholarship
Jessica is from Bristol, RI and is attending the University of Rhode Island
- Lori Baab received a $1,000 WOP Scholarship
Lori is from Lyndhurst, OH and is attending Ohio State University
CaMeisha Brown, on her graduation from Birmingham-Southern College.